“DID YOU KNOW” facts about massage:
- There are over 640 different muscles in our body. It’s no wonder at any point in time, the potential of experiencing muscle aches and pains is high.
- A 60 minute massage can do the same to your body as a full night’s sleep (7-8hrs).
- Touch and massage can reduce the heart rate, it can lower chances for depression and lower blood pressure. When a body receives massage, it instantly gets relaxed and the stress level in body is reduced. No wonder so many people feel so good after one.
- Bob Hope had daily massage as part of his health regimen. He lived to 100 years of age.
- Massage is the oldest form of medical care. In ancient Egypt there have been heiroglyphics of massage therapy.
- It’s been said that Julius Caesar used massage to help manage his epilepsy.
- In 1996 massage was offered as a core medical service at the Olympic Games.
- Regular massage improves an athletes flexibility, enhances speed and power and reduces risk of injury
- If you aren’t already – get your ears massaged.
Gentle pulling particularly of the top, middle and bottom of the outer earlobe improves the immune system